Our History

Situated in the heart of Bonney Lake, the Kelley Farm has held its historical significance since 1864, when William Barton Kelley first laid claim to its expansive grounds. The year 1907 marked a turning point for the Kelley Farm house, transforming it into a romantic haven as it received a new purpose as a wedding gift. Today, that romance endures, offering an intimate backdrop for contemporary weddings. The Corliss family, driven by a profound sense of pride, has meticulously upheld and revitalized this historical treasure, allowing its innate beauty to withstand the test of time.

Functioning as a historical landmark, the Scott Corliss’s deep-rooted pride is evident in his diligent efforts to preserve and rejuvenate this cherished piece of history. Through the passage of time, the farm's natural splendor continues to radiate. It's more than just a physical location; it's an ongoing narrative, a connection between eras that encourages us to honor our origins and embrace our future journey.

A Central Piece Of
Bonney Lake History
The Naches Trail is built. Evidence of the trail still exists on the property today.
Rueben Ashford Finnell homesteaded the Kelley Farm property. He abandoned the property during the Puget Sound Indian War after natives burned down his home and barn.
William Barton Kelley and his family–including his father Nathan Kelley–traveled from Illinois to claim land in the “Northern Territory”. William and Nathan Kelley both claimed land on the banks of the Finnell Creek. William had two sons: John and Michael.
The “Ice House” was built and is still in existence on the property. Today, it is known as one of the oldest buildings in Pierce County.
John Ezra Kelley marries Sadie Crader (Crider). John gave Sadie the Kelley Farm house (today’s Yellow House) as a wedding gift. John and Sadie have two children: Marion and Elizabeth.
The Kelley Farm served as a dairy.
Harry Corliss purchases 100 acres from Elizabeth Kelley.
The Kelley Farm is occupied by the Kelley Creek Brewery.
The Corliss Family purchased the remaining 64 acres of the Kelley property. Restoration of the grounds and buildings began immediately.
Scott Corliss, son of Harry Corliss, was asked by his son and fiancé about using the rickety old barn for their wedding reception. After others asked to use it as a venue, Scott made careful considerations to make Kelley Farm a place for hosting events, especially weddings.
After careful consideration, Scott took the suggestion to heart and began major renovations to the barn in 2010.
The Kelley Farm officially opens as a wedding and event venue.
Today, the farm is restored to better than original condition, maintaining the integrity of the past while blending the modern amenities of today.